The main field of activity of Rein Murula Architecture Office is architectural design and preparation of detailed plans. In addition, we have been engaged in the analysis of development scenarios of various sites, the preparation of expert assessments and the analysis of urban planning visions and public spaces.
We have designed dozens of apartment buildings, commercial buildings, social houses, SOS children’s villages, medical centers, etc. Made more than 50 detailed plans, mainly in Tallinn.
- Born in 1955 in Viljandi, in a family of lawyers
- Studied at Nõo High School, Estonian Academy of Arts and Krakow University of Technology, master’s degree (1980)
- Chartered/Principal Architect, EstQF Level 8 (highest)
- Designed dozens of apartment buildings, commercial buildings, social houses, SOS children’s villages, medical centers, etc. The last commercial building completed in 2022: Pärnu mnt. 21 historical urban environments. Made more than 50 detailed plans, mainly in Tallinn.
- Taught architects at the Academy of Arts, was a professor of architecture at the TTK University of Applied Sciences and Taltech.
- EÜS alumnus
- Three children and seven grandchildren
- Hobbies: mountain skiing, tennis, golf
- More information about research and creative work from the Estonian Research Information System: https://www.etis.ee/CV/Rein_Murula/est
Kristiane Karine Kand